The City of Spokane is still seeking input on the final type of bridge that the community would like to see move forward for the University District Pedestrian/Bike Bridge. Now, you can comment on the landing which will include.
• Green space—the grand stairways and the associated large concrete spaces have been reduced to accommodate more green space.
• Plaza spaces that allow for seating areas, transit facilities, and opportunity for future art
• Additional landscaped areas to soften the edges and maximize permeable surfaces.
• Lighting and safety rails where needed.
• More than one access point.
• Pathway curves improved to accommodate cyclists.
Check these clips to get an idea about the bridge: