GBAGreenBuildingAdvisor.com‘s library of articles and blogs continues to expand. The newest article to be added to the ever-deeper GBA Encyclopedia covers air barriers.
The article pulls together a great deal of information on air barriers, including:
- Why homes with faulty air barriers are more likely to rot
- Information on the three forces that move air through building envelopes
- Why it’s important for all of your subcontractors to understand air barriers
- An explanation of the different materials that make up an air barrier
- The difference between an air barrier and a vapor barrier
- The most common weak spots in residential air barriers
- How to create an air barrier with drywall
Click here to see the new article on air barriers.
Subscribe to GBA to enjoy all of the benefits of GBA Pro membership
While some of the articles in the Encyclopedia — for example, the article on Exterior Walls — are available to all readers, others (including the new article on Air Barriers) are available only to GBA Pro members.